Sunday, June 17, 2012

Father's Day 2012


My dad is such a great man. I know I inherited my patience from him along with my small upper lip :) I really love day's like Father's Day and Mother's Day because it really makes you stop and think about the people who created you and helped shape you into the person you are today. It's great to know you have the love and support of someone who cares so much about you. A few months ago, my dad sent me a letter (not an email- he doesn't really know how to email ) but an actual letter in the mail! Since I live in  Maryland and he is in Michigan I don't get to see him often or talk to him on a daily basis. The letter was so thoughtful, it was just what I needed. Parents just know sometimes- he let me know that he believes in me and knows that things will work out. I had just made a drastic life decision and he confirmed that I had done the right thing!

I love going to Michigan to visit my family, especially to see my parents as grandparents now. We have stepped into a new chapter of our lives. I am looking forward to the days where I take my own kids to Pappi and Koco's house!I know that their influence and presence is invaluable. Until then- I will have to somehow teach my dad how to send an e-mail! If you can figure out how to read this blog Dad- I love you and happy Father's Day! 

Character is largely caught, and the father and the home should be the great sources of character infection.  ~Frank H. Cheley

1 comment: