Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Finding that thing called "LOVE"

Engagement Session, Fall 2010- Washington, DC.
We like to think we are getting closer and closer to love, to finding that one person that was made just for us. And sometimes, it does happen when we least expect it. An old boyfriend comes back in the picture, a Jamaican runs by and sweeps us off our feet.

When I think about my life and how all the little pieces come together, I am so grateful that I went out with my friends to DC one Saturday night. I hadn't been feeling like "going out" but a good friend of mine, Sana convinced me to go. That night is where I met the person I want to be with for the rest of my life! When I think about that night, the simple decision of whether to go or not to go could have changed my entire path ! Where did you meet your love? Did you meet in school, through friends, at a bar or even online?

A bride dancing for joy!

A secret "I love you" on this adorable couples New Year's Eve Wedding



They say a true friend is someone who knows all about you and loves you just the same. Isn't that is so true when it comes to Love?! When I first began dating my love, Walid, he took me to a big event in a hotel ballroom, it was the first time I met his sister and most of his friends. As I stood there nervously holding my plate filled with deserts I had gathered for everyone, I juggled my coat and my wine ...then all of the sudden... SPLAT went the deserts and some of my wine! Not only did I spill the deserts but it appeared I had taken more than my share! He laughed at me and didn't think another thing of it as I stood there utterly embarrassed. But that's just it- when you are with someone who loves you small things don't important anymore. You just need someone to take your hand and run with you....
The best part about my job is I see love happening all around me and I am invited into these moments that are so very special to these couples.And I get to help them remember it, any way I want to frame it!  I hope that if you have found love that you hold onto it tight and tell them you love them tonight. If you don't, have faith that the time will come and you too will find love and ride off into the sunset!   




2 comments:

  1. Simply adorable story! It is refreshing to hear such a sweet story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sheena! What's your story my love?

    ReplyDelete